NinaMilton

Sabbie Dare and Friends

I have been writing fiction since my reception teacher, Mrs Marsden, put a paper and pencil in front of me. I can remember thinking; What? Do real people write these lovely books? I want to do that! I gained an MA in creating writing and sold my first books for children; Sweet’n’Sour, (HarperCollins) and Tough Luck, (Thornberry Publishing), both from Amazon. I also love writing short stories and they regularly appear in British anthologies. I now write crime fiction, published by Midnight Ink. The idea for In the Moors , my first Shaman Mystery came to me one day, in the guise of Sabbbie Dare. She came to me fully formed and said; “I'm a young therapist, a shaman, and sometimes I do get very strange people walking into my therapy room. Honestly, I could write a book about some of them...” I am a druid; a pagan path which takes me close to the earth and into the deep recesses of my mind. Shamanic techniques help me in my life - in fact they changed my life - although, unlike Sabbie, I’ve never set up a therapeutic practice...I’m too busy writing and teaching creative writing with the Open College of the Arts. I’m a fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Although I was born, educated and raised my two children in the West Country, I now live in west Wales with my husband James. IN THE MOORS, the first Shaman Mystery starring SABBIE DARE was released in the US in 2013 and UNRAVELLING VISIONS will be out this autumn, but you can already reserve your copy on Amazon. Join me on my vibrant blogsite, http://www.kitchentablewriters.blogspot.com where I offer students and other writers some hard-gained advice on how to write fiction.
"Book Review: UNRAVELED VISIONS by Nina Milton Reviewed by Sylvia Boyadzhyan

Death to a detective, a missing phone that seems to be found just to be lost again, disappearance of a young gypsy girl, a worried sister, and a girl who decides to seek the hidden connection between all of these events even after coppers suggesting there is none. All these deadly events are quickly becoming the talk of the supposedly safe Bridgewater town. The book suggests that everything might look safe from a distance but when you dig deeper the missing loose ends tend to unravel before your eyes or in Sabbie’s circumstance in your spirit world.

Sabbie is a Therapeutic Sharman who has a Bachelor’s degree and practices Shamanic Reiki, which combines the healing powers of the spirit world and channeling that energy to understand a person’s inner story. The stories she envisions in the spirit world are not always clear-cut and she has to go through a lot of tangled knots in both worlds to understand the truth of a story, the connection between both realms, and how to save everyone in danger including her.
[Sabbie Dare] is a strong and independent woman and when she was stuck in one of the stories biggest dangerous moments she didn’t need anyone else but herself and her gift to get through it with only a few bumps and bruises. "