NinaMilton

Sabbie Dare and Friends

I have been writing fiction since my reception teacher, Mrs Marsden, put a paper and pencil in front of me. I can remember thinking; What? Do real people write these lovely books? I want to do that! I gained an MA in creating writing and sold my first books for children; Sweet’n’Sour, (HarperCollins) and Tough Luck, (Thornberry Publishing), both from Amazon. I also love writing short stories and they regularly appear in British anthologies. I now write crime fiction, published by Midnight Ink. The idea for In the Moors , my first Shaman Mystery came to me one day, in the guise of Sabbbie Dare. She came to me fully formed and said; “I'm a young therapist, a shaman, and sometimes I do get very strange people walking into my therapy room. Honestly, I could write a book about some of them...” I am a druid; a pagan path which takes me close to the earth and into the deep recesses of my mind. Shamanic techniques help me in my life - in fact they changed my life - although, unlike Sabbie, I’ve never set up a therapeutic practice...I’m too busy writing and teaching creative writing with the Open College of the Arts. I’m a fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Although I was born, educated and raised my two children in the West Country, I now live in west Wales with my husband James. IN THE MOORS, the first Shaman Mystery starring SABBIE DARE was released in the US in 2013 and UNRAVELLING VISIONS will be out this autumn, but you can already reserve your copy on Amazon. Join me on my vibrant blogsite, http://www.kitchentablewriters.blogspot.com where I offer students and other writers some hard-gained advice on how to write fiction.
"UNRAVELED VISIONS by NINA MILTON
NetGalley Members Say...

Rosemary Smith
Recommends This Book
Strongly

Unraveled Visions by Nina Milton. Published by Midnight Ink Posted on April 6, 2014 by cayocosta72

Sabbie Dare is taking a break, attending the Bridgwater carnival. Just for fun she stops to get her palm read by a local gypsy but her reading is anything but pleasant. The next day the gypsy is missing and a young cop has been shot. The gypsies sister approaches Sabbie for help finding the missing woman. Sabbie isn’t sure she can help but she promises to do what she can, no matter what Detective Sergeant Rey Buckley says. As if life weren’t complicated enough, one of her neighbors goes missing. Sabbie knows the woman was terrified of her abusive husband and wonders if he has done something to harm her. With time running out, Sabbie wonders if she will be able to help either woman before it’s too late Sabbie is absolutely my favorite new protagonist in a mystery series. I loved the first book and this one is even better. I can’t wait for the newest installment."