NinaMilton

Sabbie Dare and Friends

I have been writing fiction since my reception teacher, Mrs Marsden, put a paper and pencil in front of me. I can remember thinking; What? Do real people write these lovely books? I want to do that! I gained an MA in creating writing and sold my first books for children; Sweet’n’Sour, (HarperCollins) and Tough Luck, (Thornberry Publishing), both from Amazon. I also love writing short stories and they regularly appear in British anthologies. I now write crime fiction, published by Midnight Ink. The idea for In the Moors , my first Shaman Mystery came to me one day, in the guise of Sabbbie Dare. She came to me fully formed and said; “I'm a young therapist, a shaman, and sometimes I do get very strange people walking into my therapy room. Honestly, I could write a book about some of them...” I am a druid; a pagan path which takes me close to the earth and into the deep recesses of my mind. Shamanic techniques help me in my life - in fact they changed my life - although, unlike Sabbie, I’ve never set up a therapeutic practice...I’m too busy writing and teaching creative writing with the Open College of the Arts. I’m a fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Although I was born, educated and raised my two children in the West Country, I now live in west Wales with my husband James. IN THE MOORS, the first Shaman Mystery starring SABBIE DARE was released in the US in 2013 and UNRAVELLING VISIONS will be out this autumn, but you can already reserve your copy on Amazon. Join me on my vibrant blogsite, http://www.kitchentablewriters.blogspot.com where I offer students and other writers some hard-gained advice on how to write fiction.

Rivers of London: Body Work
Ben Aaronovitch, Lee Sullivan Hill, Andrew Cartmel

Book Launch in Glastonbury UK

Established crime writer Nina Milton is launching the third book in her Shamanic Mystery Series in the centre of Glastonbury and you are cordially invited to attend.                                                                                Beneath the Tor features young Somerset shaman, Sabbie Dare, who enlists the help of the spirit world to fight the dark side of humanity.

All the Shaman Mysteries are set in the beautiful, but sometimes eerie landscape of the Somerset Levels, and Beneath the Toropens on Midsummer Eve at the top of Glastonbury Tor, where beautiful Alys Hollingberry dies suddenly after dancing the night away. The book has its own cast of Glastonbury characters and examines many of the myths and legends of this mystical town.

Ronald Hutton with Nina Milton
The launch will take place atThe Avalon Rooms at the Glastonbury Experience  (Post code BA6 9DU) at 2pm on Saturday 27th February and all Milton’s books will be available at a special launch price.

Ronald Hutton, professor of history at Bristol University, will give a talk on shamanism today, and Nina Milton will give readings of her work and sign copies of her books.

Arthur Billington
Complimentary refreshments will be served and blues guitaristArthur Billington will provide acoustic music. All book lovers are invited, and admission is free.

Born in Bristol, Nina Milton is a Druid with shamanic training, who began her writing career when she was awarded the Wells Festival of Literature Short Story Prize. She returned to the prize-giving in 2015 to talk about what can happen after winning.

Beneath the Tor has already received acclaim from reviewers and readers alike:

This third mystery of the series hits the ground running. I read the book straight through with only some sleep in between. It's not necessary to have read the first two to read this one. Wonderful mix of modern grit and ancient magicChesapeake Reader Amazon.com review, December 2, 2015

Milton puts an intriguing New Age spin on the traditional English mystery…Publisher’s Weekly

Nina Milton has created a unique fictional world in her Shaman Mystery Series, featuring Sabbie Dare as a young shaman. WithBeneath the Tor she has become a mistress of plot-weaving, and above all, she pulls off the trick of setting the totally fantastic amid the totally everyday and making the two fit together with pace and excitement…Ronald Hutton, author of Pagan Britainand The Triumph of the Moon.