NinaMilton

Sabbie Dare and Friends

I have been writing fiction since my reception teacher, Mrs Marsden, put a paper and pencil in front of me. I can remember thinking; What? Do real people write these lovely books? I want to do that! I gained an MA in creating writing and sold my first books for children; Sweet’n’Sour, (HarperCollins) and Tough Luck, (Thornberry Publishing), both from Amazon. I also love writing short stories and they regularly appear in British anthologies. I now write crime fiction, published by Midnight Ink. The idea for In the Moors , my first Shaman Mystery came to me one day, in the guise of Sabbbie Dare. She came to me fully formed and said; “I'm a young therapist, a shaman, and sometimes I do get very strange people walking into my therapy room. Honestly, I could write a book about some of them...” I am a druid; a pagan path which takes me close to the earth and into the deep recesses of my mind. Shamanic techniques help me in my life - in fact they changed my life - although, unlike Sabbie, I’ve never set up a therapeutic practice...I’m too busy writing and teaching creative writing with the Open College of the Arts. I’m a fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Although I was born, educated and raised my two children in the West Country, I now live in west Wales with my husband James. IN THE MOORS, the first Shaman Mystery starring SABBIE DARE was released in the US in 2013 and UNRAVELLING VISIONS will be out this autumn, but you can already reserve your copy on Amazon. Join me on my vibrant blogsite, http://www.kitchentablewriters.blogspot.com where I offer students and other writers some hard-gained advice on how to write fiction.

Rivers of London: Body Work
Ben Aaronovitch, Lee Sullivan Hill, Andrew Cartmel
"UNRAVELED VISIONS by NINA MILTON from MIDNIGHT INK BOOKS
"A shamanic healer has her own fortune read only to find that predictions of the future offer no protection from it. Sabrina Dare rarely gets her fortune told. As a shamanic healer, she's usually the one dabbling in the spirit world for her clients. A night out at the Bridgwater Carnival with her friend Debs changes all that when Debs insists that Sabbie get her fortune read by a gypsy girl named Kizzy. The fortune seems to be the standard fare—a man who shouldn't be trusted, money coming in the future—and Sabbie's not impressed. But she still gives Kizzy one of her own business cards, possibly to compare notes sometime. The day after the carnival, Sabbie hears the news that a cop's been shot. She fears it may be DS Abbott, a man she could almost have wished dead given how annoying he was when Sabbie was i nvolved with DI Reynard Buckley. Though she didn't really wish him ill, Sabbie dreads hearing that the victim was Abbott, if only because she seems to have accidentally picked up his cellphone when he ran by her the night before. Never mind that; soon Sabbie's got a bigger mystery to solve. Kizzy's sister Mirela shows up at Sabbie's door asking if Sabbie has any idea where Kizzy might be. As usual (In the Moors, 2013), Sabbie becomes overcommitted to helping Mirela while dealing with her own family drama and the mystery she's sure her new neighbors are involved in…""

Kircus Review

Review Issue Date: October 1, 2014

Online Publish Date: September 17, 2014

Source: http://www.kirkusreviews.com/search/?q=unraveled+visions&t=allReview Issue Date: October 1, 2014 Online Publish Date: September 17, 2014 Review Issue Date: October 1, 2014 Online Publish Date: September 17, 2014